Star 98.9 and Aloft Hotels
Live in the Vineyard
Official Promotional Rules
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station WBZE owned and operated by Cumulus Broadcasting LLC, 3411 West Tharpe Street, Tallahassee, FL 32303, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
WBZE will conduct the Star 98.9 and Aloft Live in the Vineyard Giveaway substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
- No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
- Only legal U.S. residents age 21 with a valid Social Security number at the time of entry are eligible to participate in Station contests.
- All contests are open to the general public except for employees, agents, representatives, or affiliates of WBZE, Cumulus Broadcasting LLC, and their respective affiliates, participating sponsors, and their immediate family members and household members. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, siblings, grandparents, children, grandchildren and cohabiting significant others.
- An individual may win an on-going contest only once per six-month period unless otherwise specifically stated. An individual may win other seasonal or one-time contests only once for the duration of the contest.
- The contest will begin on March 8, 2011 and will run through March 24, 2011.
- Listeners can register online at station website, once each weekday we will pull one registrant who will have to call at 850-358-0989 to be entered in the grand prize drawing (Roundtrip airfare for the winner and a guest from a major gateway airport to one of the bay area airports, 3-night stay at the River Terrace Inn, All-access weekend pass to wine tastings, food pairings and acoustic performances from today’s hottest artists). Qualifiers must be present at Grand Prize Drawing at The Aloft Downtown on March 24th from 5pm-7pm(EST) to win. Listeners in the WBZE email data base will also receive one email blasts with special instructions on how to qualify for the grand prize. All entries must be received by March 23, 2011.
- On March 24, 2011, one entrant will be selected as potential grand prize winner at the Aloft Hotel between 5pm-7pm (EST). The winner will be selected by using our promotional database – Promosuites’s feature called “select random winner”. If it is determined that the candidate is not eligible for receipt of the grand prize, in WBZE’s sole judgment and discretion, another candidate will be selected for eligibility consultation and this process will continue on until such time as an eligible candidate is found. In the unlikely event that no candidates are found to meet the specifications, then the prize will go un-awarded. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by and at the WBZE’s sole discretion.
- Time Delay Between Over-the-Air Analog Signal and Other Signal Delivery: Due to the time delay that exists between WBZE’s analog over-the-air signal and WBZE’s online webcast, listeners who listen to WBZE online may hear the cue to call later than listeners listening to WBZE’s analog over-the-air signal. As a result, the odds of an online listener winning this Contest may be diminished.
- One grand prize will be awarded. The grand prize package includes Roundtrip airfare for the winner and a guest from a major gateway airport to one of the bay area airports, 3-night stay at the River Terrace Inn, All-access weekend pass to wine tastings, food pairings and acoustic performances from today’s hottest artists.
- Total grand prize package is valued at $1,200 (approx. value).
- All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
- All prizes are awarded “as is.” Prizes are nontransferable and cannot be exchanged.
- Odds of winning depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received.
- Neither WBZE nor Cumulus Broadcasting LLC, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, members, directors, officers, employees, agents or representatives shall be responsible for the failure of participating sponsors to deliver the prizes or any part thereof as described herein.
- All entrants and winners agree that WBZE, Cumulus Broadcasting LLC, and their parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, members, directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives shall have no liability for any injury, misfortune, or damage to either persons or property incurred by entering, participating in, winning, or losing any contest and/or by the use or non-use of any prize received in connection with this contest.
- All prizes must be claimed in person at WBZE at the address identified above during regular business hours and within ten (10) business days of winning, excluding holidays. After such time, ownership of said prize reverts back to Cumulus Broadcasting LLC to be disposed of at its discretion. The winner then loses all claims and rights to said prize.
- Proper identification must be presented by any winner to claim prize. As a condition to receiving the prize, any potential winner must complete and sign a Winner’s Affidavit and Release, releasing WBZE, Cumulus Broadcasting LLC, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, members, directors, officers, and employees from all liability in connection with winner’s participation in the contest, acceptance, and use or non-use of the prize.
- All entry blanks, forms, devices, and materials gathered during the course of entry, as well as all information contained on or within, shall become the sole property of WBZE and Cumulus Broadcasting LLC to be used, disposed of or destroyed in their sole discretion. WBZE and Cumulus Broadcasting LLC are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information entered by website users, and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to WBZE’s website.
- All entrants and winners agree to give WBZE and Cumulus Broadcasting LLC, and their licensees, affiliates, successors, and assigns the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use, re-use, broadcast, or publish my name, city of residence, photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched or distorted in character or form, and winner’s voice, recorded or live, for any reason WBZE deems necessary without compensation, unless prohibited by law. All winners release, discharge, and agree to save harmless Cumulus Broadcasting LLC and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, members, directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives from any and all claims they may have against WBZE or Cumulus Broadcasting LLC in connection with the taking, production, or the use of winners’ name, city of residence, any photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched, or distorted in character or form and without restrictions as to any changes, transformations or alterations, and including winners’ voices, recorded or live. All winners further acknowledge that Cumulus Broadcasting LLC owns or will own exclusively any photographs of such winners used for such purposes, including the copyrights in them, regardless of the form in which they have been or may be produced and used, and all winners assign all such ownership rights to Cumulus Broadcasting LLC.
- By participating in the Contest, each participant agrees to receive email communications from WBZE regarding Station events and contests. Any participant that opts-out of these mailings will also remove themselves from the contest. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that WBZE may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
- By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Station personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. WBZE will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and WBZE’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of WBZE, WBZE reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the administration or outcome as WBZE deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by WBZE are final. WBZE may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITES, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, STATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- WBZE reserves the right to limit the number of times an individual may enter a contest or drawing.
- WBZE reserves the right to require contestants to be present at drawings in order to win their prize.
- A winners list may be obtained after March 25, 2011, by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the following address:
3411 West Tharpe Street
Tallahassee, FL 32303